Wednesday, September 7, 2011

October Book


Everyone. . .sorry I couldn't make it tonight!  My new Relief Society had a big emergency preparedness evening tonight, and then I had a sick boy, so I couldn't even come late.  Sarah recommended Ella Minnow Pea to me a few years ago, and I absolutely loved it.  I'm bummed I couldn't join in your conversation tonight.  Anyway, I hope you all enjoy reading In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan this month.  I thought it would be fun to read a non-fiction book to mix things up, and with all the great cooks, gardeners, and food-lovers in the ward, this should be an interesting one to discuss!  If you want to check out Michael Pollan's website, he's got a few other great food reads that you can add to your book lists (The Omnivore's Dilemma is really good, too):  http://michaelpollan.com/books/in-defense-of-food/  I'll let Sarah know when the books are ready for pickup at West Jordan Library, and I'll see you at my home (1353 W. Hawksbill Dr.) on Tuesday, October 4!

Heather

No comments: